I stole this idea from Ironic Mom. Here is my Music Memoir in 12 Questions.
1. First concert: Technically, the first concert I ever saw was a band that performed in my elementary school in about 1984; they were called something with the word “freeze” in the name. My first legit concert was The Monkees in 1986 when they came to Blossom Music Center with Weird Al.
2. First album: “Songs from Saturday Night Fever” by The Kid Stuff Repertory Company was the first album I owned, and I think someone bought it for me around 1979 or 1980. The first album I remember buying is Paul McCartney’s Pipes of Peace.
3. Favourite concert memory: My first Foo Fighters concert was so awesome! It was the summer of 2000, and they were touring with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Dave Grohl loves to walk through the audience, and we were on the lawn at Blossom when he walked through the pavilion. When he got close to the back where the pavilion meets the lawn, everyone rushed forward to get close to him. He was standing on a garbage can playing his guitar, and I was within 10 feet of my hero! It was orgasmic.
4. Song you love to hate: “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & the Waves
5. Song you hate to love: Anything by Lady Gaga
6. Song you know all the words to: Every song on Thriller
7. Song that makes you cry: “Love is a Losing Game” by Amy Winehouse
8. Song that makes you move: “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson
9. Song you remember dancing to: Every Wednesday in my late 20s I went to The Chamber, a goth club that played 80s music on Wednesdays. I was always sloppy drunk, and when Iggy Pop’s “Lust for Life” (not an 80s song, but whatever!) came on, I was out on that dance floor. Once I got my Iggy tattoo on the right side of my body I lifted my shirt to show it off while I danced.
10. Favourite cover of a song: Foo Fighters do a fucking kick-ass version of Prince’s “Darling Nikki”. Seriously. It’s hot. When Dave screams, it makes me moist. Yummy!
11. Karaoke song: I think I only did karaoke once, and I’m pretty sure we did either “Love Shack” or “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”.
12. Last concert: Foo Fighters in September 2011—they get better every time I see them!
Now you can copy the questions below and write your own to post in the comments:
1. First concert:
2. First album:
3. Favourite concert memory:
4. Song you love to hate:
5. Song you hate to love:
6. Song you know all the words to:
7. Song that makes you cry:
8. Song that makes you move:
9. Song you remember dancing to:
10. Favourite cover of a song:
11. Karaoke song:
12. Last concert: